Followers

Sunday 22 April 2012

What a week.

Well it's been an emotional week all in all - starting with the excitement of my first Etsy sale, small but it's a start and finishing, sadly with having to have my lovely cat, Grace put to sleep due to kidney failure. What with the return to work and some emotional things to have to deal with there as well as feeling off colour myself I didn't feel up to any sewing that was too intense or heavy so instead had fun using up some of my scraps to make a couple of cushion covers for my shop.
One uses jelly roll strips and some of the fabrics left over from my sister's quilt.

And a detail to show the decorative stitching over the seams
I had to put in a seam running diagonally due to the amount of fabric and the length of the strips.

The other cushion is smaller and uses some of the left over fabrics from the cushions I made for Alice and Charlie. This is an appliqué cushion - I applied bondaweb to the back of the pieces and  drew around a template to get the circles and then ironed them in place before stitching around them.

I've decided that it will also be topical to make some small pieces - birds and possibly some cushions using some London/Jubilee themed fabrics so I've started making some birds before thinking about cushion designs.

My other project to get started on is designing the first of my commissions from my sister for a Baptism Stole - designing that will be a good excuse to get the coloured pencils and watercolours out and should be therapeutic - just what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment