Followers

Saturday 14 April 2012

Jenny's Quilt

Delivered this last week and I'm now feeling very relieved as she was thrilled with it and described it as a future "heirloom".
So time for some pics.

When designing it I tried to make it  personal as possible so I used Jenny's favourite colours, some African fabrics as she has links with Uganda, a block design with a Celtic feel to it, and the picture in the middle is of a small statuette she gave me several years ago to reflect our relationship as sisters.

I took a photo of the statuette and then printed it on to fabric which I then appliquéd on to the background fabric. 

I quilted fish at each corner to represent her faith and her ministry as a Lay Reader

A wavy line quilted around the border is for her (and my) birthplace of Portsmouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment