Followers

Friday 22 February 2013

Very important project

I had a very special project to complete this year and the one which I was both very proud to have been asked to complete but also very anxious about as it came with  more than a bit of pressure.
The project? To make my daughter's wedding dress - hence the pride but also the pressure!

We bought the pattern back in October and I got the fabric after Christmas and ended up with about 5 weeks to complete the dress - lots of visits for fitting and lots of tacking, sewing and tacking again. One thing I discovered I did not like was sewing lace. My daughter was very patient with me especially over the sleeves which took me a while to get right and so until her final fitting she had sleeves in a cotton fabric.

I felt incredibly proud that she trusted me with this - I don't think she could have paid me a bigger compliment and was thrilled (and tearful) when at the final fitting (for the straps) she said it was perfect and just what she wanted. Not content with making the dress I also made her garter and bags for her and her bridesmaids.

I was thrilled when I saw her walk down the aisle - but I do not want to make any more wedding dresses!




 Busy sewing



Back view - note the beautiful sleeves!

 It's those sleeves again.
 The bridal bag - I made this and the bridesmaids ones in the same fabric and lace as the dress - the bridesmaids bags were the same design but without the ribbon roses and varied in size.
 The garter - cream cotton lace and blue ribbon
Proud Mother of the Bride - with my two gorgeous grandsons

The newly-weds.

No comments:

Post a Comment