Followers

Saturday 16 March 2013

March brings breezes

Well I have finished my March Journal quilt and here it is.

March brings breezes loud and shrill
Stirs the dancing daffodil.

 

As I showed in my last blog the background was needle felted using my embellisher machine and I then added detail by using some (very) simple embroidery and appliqué to put in a few more distinct daffodils at the front. I wanted to present it as if it were a painting and so used some fabric to notonly make a backing but to make a frame.

I used a wool pre-felt as the backing and then used a mixture of silk and wool tops together with some silky rayon embroidery thread (the light brown parts) and used some small pieces of dark brown cord for the trees.


Detail showing the "daffodils"

This shows the different texture provided by the use of the different fibres.


So now it's on to thinking about my April journal quilt and also completing this larger and more traditional quilt which is another one using fabrics I dyed last summer.

Here is it in piece form - a bit of a jigsaw puzzle! I then pinned it onto the sheet I use as a design well so that I wouldn't get it muddled it up again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment