Followers

Monday 20 August 2012

Fuschias

In some of my previous posts I have included pictures of pots/candle holders I have made using organza, dissolvable film and stitch. For some time I had thought about using this technique to make some hanging flowers - specifically fuschias as I love their colours. I had a suitable stand but not the correct shape glass to use as a mould. However when shopping in Sainsbury's a few weeks ago I came across some tumblers which were the shape and size I had been looking for and so I was able to start work - though still unsure about exactly how I was going to make the flowers - especially the outer petals.

I used the normal technique for the inner petals but cut the film to a circular shape to get a more regular edge.  Once these were completed I cut a paper template for the outer petals and then again used  the same mould - but allowed for an overlap so I could fit them over the inner petals. This worked and I carefully moulded the petals so they had the curve I wanted. After beading them I secured the two layers together with beads and stitching and then made beaded loops to hang each flower.


I'm really pleased with how these have come out - think I will have to try some snowdrops next.

No comments:

Post a Comment