Followers

Tuesday 7 August 2012

Catching up

Well one of the joys of being on holiday is that I can catch up both with friends and also with sewing!
In terms of catching up with friends I had a lovely day last week with my friend Shirley and finally delivered her birthday present - "Shirley's birthday bouquet"
Here are a couple of pictures - the background is made from part of a jelly roll - cream patterns with gold highlights which I quilted with a feather filler design and then appliquéd lilies made from raw silk.

I'm taking part in the E17 Art trail this year so as well as asking Shirley if I can borrow this piece back I thought I ought to make a couple of new pieces. I had a very bright jelly roll which I bought last year which I had been wanting to use for some time and was inspired by the hot week we had at the start of the summer holidays to make this piece "Feeling hot, hot, hot"

I think it is clear what I meant by it being bright! To make the centre section stand out more I used two layers of wadding for this section and quilted it with a "flame" design and then quilted the remainder with a closer stitched filler pattern.


My final piece of catching up has been with my City and Guilds - I made myself get on with making up samples (my least favourite part it has to be said) and completed module 8 so that's been sent off and I'm waiting for feedback on my accessory design - it has to be said that the opportunity to go shopping for materials at the FOQ next week was an incentive to get on with the design of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment