Followers

Saturday 19 May 2012

Feathers and Ferret

Great day on a free machine quilting workshop taught by Ferret who is one of my quilting heroes! I'd been looking forward to this workshop for ages as I did her Machine quilting part one workshop about 18 months ago and learnt a lot on that. Once again we were shown a whole range of patterns and while encouraged to try them all were also reminded that we all have our preferred designs that suit us and that we feel comfortable with.
To start off with we stitched flowers, hearts, pebbles, and then leaves and mussel shells.


We then moved on to the notorious feathers! We were shown a number of ways of sewing these and warned not to expect results first time. This was when I began to feel rather embarrassed as mine went well from the start!

Apart from not managing to fill a square I found feathers in general fun to do and enjoyed trying out all the different versions we were given.


I love the peacock feathers at the bottom and I'm now thinking about how I can get feathers into my next quilt.

At this stage Ferret announced to everyone else about me that "It's official, I hate her!" I feel so proud!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I'm going to miss out on Ferret teaching at my quilt group next month (DD's 7th birthday party has to trump my hobby!) - but your results look fab! Well done you.

    ReplyDelete